Sign up for your own PayPal business account!

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Officially Endorsed by Knucklehead Strings

Officially Endorsed by Knucklehead Strings
Go to "Extended Family" and look for "Wilder Mountain"

Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Hunger for Knowledge

Okay, so I'm sitting at my computer at home at 12:15 a.m., right?  I should be in bed by now!

I've been listening to a lot of business audio books for the last week.  Books like The Millionaire Next Door, The Millionaire Mind (both by Thomas Stanley), Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki, Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, and I'm trying to get more ready to listen to at work tomorrow.  I'm starting on some books by Steven Covey -- most popular for 7 Habits of Highly Effective People -- and one of Robert Kiyosaki's other books entitled Before You Quit Your Job.


On top of all that, I've been reading some of these types of books as well.  I'm currently on Norman Vincent Peale's The Power of Positive Thinking, and I found a book I just had to have about living out your dream career by Delatorro McNeal II called Caught Between A Dream and A Job.  Another book I also just had to have is a more obscure one called Talent to Treasure: Building A Profitable Music Teaching Business by Marcia Washburn.  This last one is a hard one to find anywhere to buy besides her website.

I recently finished a book by Lloyd Steiner called Make A Fortune Teaching Private Music Lessons.  You can read my review on amazon.com.

Lastly, I've been going to my local Books-A-Million (BAM) store to check out some business/teaching music books and found one of the Idiot's Guide books by Karen Berger called The Idiot's Guide to Teaching Music On Your Own.  It's a very extensive book and well worth the $16.95 price tag, but it's geared more towards those that have some sort of degree in music instead of your basic musician like me.  So I've been going there and reading it every time I set foot in the door.  I must have it over half-way read by now!  I'm also following her blog CreateWorkLive right here on Blogspot.

Wish I could say more, but it's way past my bed time.  I've been trying to adjust to an earlier sleep schedule so I can change to day shift and start teaching at night, but no such luck so far on the sleeping end of things.

At least I'm staying quite motivated with all this information rattling around in my head, though.  I realized something today: no matter how much I learn, experience is the best teacher of them all.  So I need to get out there and start teaching!

Thanks for reading.

E

No comments:

Post a Comment