Sign up for your own PayPal business account!

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Officially Endorsed by Knucklehead Strings

Officially Endorsed by Knucklehead Strings
Go to "Extended Family" and look for "Wilder Mountain"

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Chasing The Ever-Elusive Dream

So I'm sitting at Big O' Donuts here in Cookeville on my new laptop about to go home and hit the hay for the night.  I figured I need to start getting serious about my blog if I'm going to start getting any headway with new students.  I'm really struggling hard with going to the same ol' J.O.B. (Just Over Broke) every day.  I don't sleep much because I try to make the most of my time away from work by soaking up every last minute I can trying to live my life outside of work.


Also, my mind is always working non-stop (except when I'm playing my guitar) so I'm always on the move or obsessed with doing things just for the sake of doing them.  I love to write because that seems to be one of the only ways I can express what I'm feeling in a tangible way that helps me release those thoughts and try to settle my mind down a bit.


Anyway, my job is slowly sapping away all my energy (that and not sleeping).  All I can think about when I wake up in the morning is, "Not another eight hours of monotonous, meaningless work."  All I think about while sitting there in my out-of-date-in-desperate-need-of-a-replacement chair is how bad I want to be at home teaching and signing up new students.  It's my passion.  I can honestly say I've found my calling and have been pursuing it heavily for over a year now.  There have been more downs than ups it seems, but I'm still going and trying hard to make my dreams happen.


My "Dream Journal" notebook is finally completed and I've begun a new one.  There is much to be shared, and now that I have more mobility with my laptop, I can get to work on transcribing its contents.  So much to do, it seems, but again, it's my dream.


Signing off for now since my battery is nearly dead.  Hope to post more often.


For now, check out my official Wanna Play? Guitar Instruction website and let me know what you think.


2:10am
Big O' Donuts

Free Shipping at MusiciansFriend.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment